Monday, December 25, 2006

Ho Ho Ho















It's Christmas, and this morning I experienced one of the best "your mammy" moments of my life. Here's how it happened:


Mom: The coffee cake just overflowed all over my oven! The house is going to reek of smoke all day!

Me: I told you it was a bad idea to leave out the baking powder.

Mom: Well, it's not like the grocery's open today. What was I supposed to do? Anyway, this bundt pan is too small for this cake... it overflows every year. Next year, I'm giving up and ordering a chocolate pan roll from Plehn's [bakery].

[Silence, as I attempt to scrape an edible bite of half-cooked dough out of the pan]

Mom: It's sticking something awful... I don't think I got the bundt greasy enough.

Me: Your mammy's bundt's not greasy enough!

It just doesn't get any better than that. Merry Christmas.

No comments: